by Neil Clifton
What can be better than cooking marinaded meat over hot coals or under the roaring fire of the Roccbox or stir fry in a wok.Quick and easy cook and so tasty.
600g pork belly, chilled or frozen for easier slicing
½ onion, sliced
3 spring onions.
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ginger, minced
55g korean red chilli paste(gochujang)
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
60ml soy sauce
3 tablespoons rice wine
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon canola oil
Sesame seed and crushed peanuts, to garnish
rice, to serve
1. Slice the frozen pork belly into fine slithers and place in a bowl.
2. Combine the marinade ingredients and pour over the pork, allow to marinade for an hour.
3. Heat some vegetable oil a cast iron pan in Roccbox or heat a wok if you are using one.
4. Add the pork mix and stir fry for 7/10 minutes until the pork is cooked.
5. Garnish with sesame seeds and crushed peanuts and serve with rice.
HINTS & TRICKS
This is a perfect dish for the Roccbox, and takes only a few minutes. The chilli paste is available in most supermarkets and from Amazon.
DRINK SUGGESTION: If you want a beer, look no further than Asahi, although Japanese, it really hits the notes of the sweet and spicy flavour of the dish, wine wise a beautiful Alsace white which is off dry rather than sweet but a lot of lime and tropical fruit flavours which are strong enough to stand up to the pork belly.