FRIED CHICKEN & GRAVY
by Neil Clifton
There is little more satisfying than the crunch of biting through the coating on fried chicken. So how better to ramp it up and add some sweetness than to add crushed up Frosties to the mix?
Add to this some home cooked fries and an Nduja based gravy and it really is a winning combination.
1/2 Jar of Chicken Fry Mix
200ml plain yoghurt
2 large chicken thighs (skin and bone removed)
2 handfulls of crushed Frosties
Thumb sized piece of nduja
3 tablespoons butter
5 tablespoons plain flour
1 chicken stock cube
1 beef stock cube
2 1/4 cups water
1. Coat the chicken with the yoghurt and place in the fridge for 2 hours.
2. Combine plain flour, chicken fry mix and Frosties.
3. Remove the chicken from the fridge and coat in the mixture.
4. Fry for 5 mins (depending on size of the fillet) Until cooked inside, place in the oven while frying additional thighs.
1. Dilute the stock cubes in the water.
2. Fry the Nduja in the butter for 3/4 minutes until cooked and the color has been released.
3. Add the flour and cook, so that is soaks up the Nduja and butter liquid.
4. Gradually add the stock and cook out until it has reached the required consistancy.
HINTS & TRICKS
I like to cook quite a few of these, as they are always popular for a quick nibble before the main course, having the BBQ or oven on high while you are frying ensures the cooked thighs don't go cold.