Boozy Chicken Thighs
I love chicken thighs, they have so much flavour and the sweetest meat of the whole chicken. Cooking them at a low temp for 2 hours allows all of the alcohol to evaporate and the chicken to take on the flavour of the other ingredients.
WINE SUGGESTION: Chicken likes an oaky white wine and this also has notes of sweet summer fruit which balances out the darkness of the thigh meat.
6 skin on chicken thighs
1 onion, diced.
2 garlic cloves, crushed.
1/2 Pint chicken stock.
Handful of broccoli
2 sprigs of thyme.
2 tsp Paprika.
1 glass of wine.
Hints & Tips
This is perfect to cook on the bbq. Brown the chicken over direct flames and then instead of the oven, set over indirect heat for the required time.
This is great with a flat bread and a tzataiki dip.
1. Season the chicken thighs with salt, pepper and the paprika.
2. Brown the chicken for 2 minutes each side, then set aside.
3. Cook the onions and garlic until translucent and then arrange the chicken.
4. Add the thyme and wine and reduce the liquid by half.
5. Add the stock, cover and place in the oven for 2 hours at gas mark 4.
6. About 30 minutes before serving, stir fry the broccoli and to the chicken.