I guarantee you know 2 facts at least about brioche,
1. Is that it is reported Marie Antoinette screamed "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche" (let them eat Brioche) to the peasants complaining that they couldn't afford bread.
2. If you have been anywhere near a street food market, you will see that it is quite often, the bread of choice for burgers, fried chicken and pulled pork vendors. Actually, the sweetness of brioche works perfectly with BBQ, the dense dark, smokey meat really gets a lift from this light sweet bread. And it is so easy to make.
220 ml whole milk (warm)
50 g caster sugar
1 sachet dry active yeast
80 g butter cubed
500 g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Egg wash:
1. Place milk, sugar and yeast into a bowl and combine.
2. Add butter, flour, salt and the egg and combine until it is formed into a smooth ball.
3. Allow to rest for 1.5 hours.
4. Pre-heat an oven to 200 Deg C
5. Divide balls into 6 and place on baking paper on a tray.
6. Brush with egg wash and bake for 20 minutes.
Hints & Tips
Add sesame seeds prior to baking for a more attractive look.